The Power of Personality
Radio personalities are a familiar, trusted voice. They’re opinion leaders who foster a sense of community. What do personality endorsement advertisers say?
A Letter from a Listener
Thank you for recommending N Chasen & Son! We just finished employing them to transform our house. They gave us more than we could have ever envisioned. To any business thinking about advertising with talk radio and especially Jimmy Barrett let me say this; “Pull the trigger on advertising with talk radio!” If we need a local service, we start with recommendations from Jimmy Barrett and talk radio. Colonial First, Virginia Green Lawn Care, N Chasen & Son, many restaurants around town, etc… have made our lives better and simpler. Because Mr. Barrett and Talk radio understand I will judge them equally by the honor and integrity of their recommendations, I can easily spend the money I work so hard to make. I love to spend money, but I hate to waste money, and Mr. Barrett and talk radio make sure I never waste my money!
– Jeremy Vincent Chesterfield Va.
Did You Know?
- 82% perceive a deep connection with a favorite radio personality.
- 70% see radio personalities as “regular people” who are authentic, relatable and feel they share an actual friendship.
- 63% value their favorite opinion and perspectives.
- 47% considered or purchased a product or service recommended by their favorite radio personality.
- On-air personalities create interest, influence and trust. 6 in 10 “Say things that are relevant to me.” “I am likely to talk about the things they say.” “I would trust them.”
- 2/3 of listeners agree our personalities “share information that is up to the minute and keep me connected to what’s going on in the community.”
Complete Form for More Information
Sources: USC, Annenberg School for Communication & Journalism, PSI Study released June 2012, Woodley, P. and Movius, L. Power of Personality 2014 | Radha Subramanyam, EVP, Research, Insights & Analytics